Monday, May 7, 2012

Possible Links of Interest

I am working on grading, as well as preparing the final lecture for Human Growth and Development before next week's final exam--you know, picking out the really important material that shouldn't be left out of a course like this. And, of course, making sure that the final exam reflects that focus. (Note to my Intro students--you all did an outstanding job on the final exam, so no worries there!)


Anyway, while I was looking through the folders on my desktop, I came across some pages of "web resources" that I found on one of the textbook companion sites (instructor edition). Nothing here is required reading, but I thought it would be remiss to end the quarter without passing these along.  You may wish to take a quick peek at the links and see if any of them might be useful to you at some point in the future...either professionally or personally...and bookmark those for later reading.

First and foremost--I promised a student that I would look into this, and then it slipped my mind. Better late than never, I hope...?

Morning Sickness

Morning Sickness Protects Mothers and Unborn

The Biology of Morning Sickness (from Discover Magazine)

Morning Sickness Regulates Diet (from BBC News)



More LinksThe Nurture Assumption Home Page


The Preventative Ounce (about temperament)


The Darwin Awards (just for fun and NOT to be taken seriously!)


The Brain And Nervous System

Neuroscience for Kids (NOT as simplistic as it sounds!)

Neuropsychology Central

Comparative Mamalian Brain Collections

The Whole Brain Atlas


Consciousness

National Sleep Foundation

Facts on Tap (alcohol)

Straight Talk on Alcohol and Other Drugs

International Association for the Study of Dreams


Perception


Bad Human Factor Designs


Impossible Figures in Perceptual Psychology

Blindsight: Seeing What You Don't See

Illlusion Works

Magic Eye Site

Gallery of Illusions

The Invisible Gorilla


To be continued (and feel free to add any of your favorite "safe for work" links in the comments).

No comments:

Post a Comment