Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Homework (10 point papers) revisited

Here is the handout about homework that I provided on the first day of class. In this post, I will provide information about which articles and videos are appropriate for these 6 one-page papers.

I have a few specific articles that I can link you to (I will create a new post to share those with you), but you can also find articles on your own by going to the American Psychological Association web site, to “psychology topics”. Click on a subject that interests you—for example, ADHD. Scroll down the page past the first couple sections to the one labeled “News”.  Any of the news articles (on any of the psychology topics) is acceptable for your 10 point papers. Below the news links, there should be the heading “Monitor on Psychology Articles”.  Those are also acceptable for 10 point papers.

Here are some approved videos.
 
Videos
Since some people have said they had difficulty making out the video I posted, I will just mention some of the most important points here.

Papers should be at least a full page typed, double-spaced. You should not just do an overall summary of one of the Psychology Topics...once you click on a topic that interests you, you should then scroll down and find an article on that topic. The article be listed under News or Monitor on Psychology Articles. I did not require APA format on the 10 point papers, but it would be a good idea to identify the title of the article or video somewhere in your paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment