Friday, May 11, 2012

10 point paper instructions--a review

Update Number Two:  I posted this video for you all at the beginning of April, but based on some of the papers I have seen, I thought some of you might benefit from a reminder. I will accept one page papers on the day of the final exam, so if you are one of those students who, for example, described a disorder rather than summarizing an approved article about that disorder, there is still time for you to make some changes to your paper to bring it in line with the requirements.

I will say this next part in bold so that you don't miss it--the only material in the video below that is outdated/incorrect is the part that refers to the number of papers. You do need to write 6 one-page papers in addition to your 30 point paper. But you should listen carefully to everything else in the video, because it is still accurate and is important.


4/3/12 Update: I created this video at the end of winter quarter in response to some common mistakes that were showing up in the 10 point papers as I began to grade them. At some point in the video I made reference to the fact that one class needed to write 6 of these papers, while the other class only needed to write 4. This quarter, all of my classes will be writing 6 of these papers. But everything else in the video remains accurate, and it should be helpful to watch if you are confused at all about the 10 point homework papers.

Based on some issues I've seen while grading the 10 point "mini-papers", I decided to put together this PowerPoint video to remind everyone of the instructions. I will not be giving anyone who actually turned in a paper a zero, but you should not expect to receive full credit for a paper if you did not follow the guidelines described here.

No comments:

Post a Comment