Thursday, March 15, 2012

Update from Renee

First of all, a word of reassurance--there is no homework that needs to be turned in during week two. You are welcome to turn in a 10 point paper--and it is best to start turning those in sooner rather than later--but it is not required. Everyone who attended the first day of class should have received a handout about homework, but what you don't have (yet) is a list of approved articles and videos. I'm going to be adding those as soon as possible--certainly in plenty of time for you to submit a paper next week if you chose to.


In the sidebar, I will be adding links to important documents and resources. Important note to my Tuesday class--the syllabus has been updated and now includes quiz dates...


...and, to answer the inevitable question, I will be telling you more about what to expect on the first quiz. You will receive a handout of terms/concepts on which you should focus your study. Students often say that they want a "study guide". I'm not entirely sure what that means, but I'm pretty sure different students have different expectations of what a study guide would entail.


My advice:


  • read the assigned chapters
  • ask questions about anything you read and didn't understand
  • pay close attention to the lecture. I assure you it will give you some clues as to what to expect on an upcoming quiz
And I have been known to give really blatant hints about at least a few of the items you will see on the quiz. It's "how I roll". ;-)


Bottom line: trust me. I do indeed have a plan. And please don't interrupt class to ask "what will be on the quiz"? That could throw off my concentration, and I might forget to drop one of those blatant hints. So, most importantly...







No comments:

Post a Comment